What is annual giving?
Annual giving is an essential part of the UMN Morris philanthropic tradition. Through annual giving our loyal donors make an immediate impact, supporting areas of importance to them. UMN Morris alumni and friends give back at rates that lead the University System. Our annual donors are the base on which all other philanthropy depends. Be a part of this vital mission and give today.
Your gift to the Morris annual giving program has an impact on all aspects of campus life.
- Alumni Annual Fund—The University of Minnesota Morris Alumni Association collective operational and philanthropic funding arm. The Alumni Annual Fund supports Profile, alumni programming, the Prairie Gate Literary Festival, green initiatives, and so much more.
- Scholarship funds help to recruit and retain top students.
- Athletic funds help student athletes with equipment and trips.
- Research and student learning funds like the Bos, Catalyst and Tate, help students engage in increased research and extra-curricular opportunities.
- Networking funds facilitate important student-alumni connections.
- Student Activity funds encourage student involvement.
- The Briggs Library Associates fund significantly impacts the collection.
- The Legacy Walk fund beautifies the campus with meaningful memorials.
- Edson Auditorium seat nameplates support the Edson Auditorium renovation.
- Memorial trees and benches provide lasting memorials to loved ones.
- Additional fund opportunities allow you to choose an area of greatest importance to you.
Giving is easy
The Annual Giving program contacts alumni and friends through direct mail, telemarketing, and email appeals. Please respond when you get that letter or call.
Your gift builds the reputation of a Morris degree.
Your participation each and every year is vital. We count on you. With consistent alumni participation we can do more now, and plan for the future. Participation rates are a marker of alumni loyalty and a reflection on the Morris experience. Build the reputation of your degree and make a gift today.
Thank you—we can’t do it without you.